Grant or award transfers (incoming and outgoing)

Transferring an award from one institution to another (whether that is to Duke or to another institution) involves the investigator, department of the investigator, and appropriate central office. The official transfer request to the sponsor should only come from the central office, and all communication with the sponsor should come from the central office. This process can take some time, so it is important for the investigator to contact the appropriate central office as soon as possible to begin an incoming or outgoing transfer of a sponsored award