Selecting appropriate compute and storage platforms is needed to ensure efficiencies and security, and is based on the type of data (such as size, format, and whether the information is sensitive). Refer to the Duke data classification standard guide for more information about considered Sensitive or Restricted according to Duke’s data classifications and regulatory requirements.
SecureIt is a new tool developed by the Office of Information Technology to determine appropriate computational and data storage solutions based on classification and other needs and requirements of your data. Based on responses to questions about your data, the tool allows researchers to compare and contrast computational and storage solutions to select the best option for your project.
SecureIt includes information about:
- Duke Box
- Duke Compute Cluster (DCC)
- OIT storage solutions and virtual machines
Additional assistance with compute and data storage solutions
If you would like more direct assistance with determining the appropriate storage options or cloud solutions based on the classification of the project data, contact:
- Your departmental IT contact
- The Research Facilitation & Data Security team for guidance regarding use and management of protected or sensitive data
- Research Computing for assistance with custom computing solutions
- The Office of Academic Solutions and Information Systems (OASIS) to access consultation services related to data collection and sharing, with expertise in Duke Health data and mobile/web applications